We are proud to offer a unique blend of advanced accounting techniques along with true, customer-focused service. As a premier CPA firm, we offer a full range of financial and cloud-based services.

As a premier CPA firm, we offer a full range of financial services and cloud-based customer interaction — including video calls, online client portal, ongoing support and the latest advice on ever changing tax laws and all aspects of accounting and financial planning.

Our core values encompass putting our clients first, giving back to our community and being accepting of all people.  We love a positive mental attitude and hire only caring people.

Book your complimentary appointment today by calling 760-969-6499 or CLICK HERE to send us an email! (We check them – promise!)

Email Us
Call Us

The place for your accounting needs.

We know that tax preparation and financial planning is really about life planning. We use a consultative approach that allows us to take the time to understand our client’s unique needs .  Avoid the stress and leave the accounting to the experts on team Barton CPA.

Leave the Accounting to Team Barton!

Sign-up for our monthly newsletter

Meet Our Team

Read More

Join Our Team

Read More


In some instances, the tax rate may higher when filing jointly. Call us and we’ll explain how to best save you money!

There are no fees for filing an extension, although other monies may be due at that time. We can determine the best route for you!

If you owe, you should pay with your extension to avoid penalties and interest. If you have difficulty paying the entire balance, we may be able to assist in getting you an installment plan to make monthly payments.

Each state has different requirements – we know them all! Give us a call.

This normally depends on the amount of income you earn or whether you’ve had to pay taxes in prior years.  We will work with you to determine the best outcome.

There are multiple options including completing Form 8822, using the new address on the current filing, sending in a written statement with your full name old and new addresses and SS#, or finally you can call the IRS and let them know orally.

The benefits of having your own child as an employee are two-fold.  As a business owner, you get to deduct their salaries as a business expense.  Moreover while your child is under 18, you will not have to withhold any FICA (subject to exceptions).  Your child will only be subject to taxes on the salary in excess of the standard deduction ( $12,950 in 2022), thus your child can earn up to $12,950 and owe no tax.

  • The most common itemized deductions are mortgage interest expense, charitable contributions, and state and local income taxes! However, because the 2018 tax reform put a cap on the amount of state and local income taxes you are allowed to deduct, many of our clients find the standard deduction to be more beneficial than itemizing.
  • Other popular credits and deductions are realized from contributing to retirement plans, paying student loan interest, paying for higher education, and contributing to health savings accounts.

A tax credit will reduce your tax liability directly, while a tax deduction will reduce your taxable income. Both tax credits and tax deductions will reduce your tax, but generally speaking a credit is preferable to a deduction

We’re a full-service organization. If you want it, we’ve got it!

Only if you want to save money.  Everyone benefits from professional tax advice.  Call us for a free consultation.

Maybe. There are requirements in claiming of dependents. We can clarify this for you!

In some instances, certain industries and professions allow for specific deductions. We’re the experts!

They call it a 1040 form –because they take 10 out of every 40 you earn! We know how to handle all avenues of income.

  • Normally when debt is forgiven, the IRS considers the forgiven debt to be income for tax purposes. However, the White House has confirmed that 2022 student loan cancellation amounts will be nontaxable for federal income tax purposes.

Yes, unlike children, parents don’t have to live with you for at least half of the year to be claimed as dependents, they can qualify no matter where they live. This is provided you pay for half of their household expenses.

You can now file the Form 1040-X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return electronically using available tax software products.

By law, you only have a three-year window from the original due date, normally the April deadline, to claim your refunds. There is no penalty for failure to file if you are due a refund but you may risk losing your refund if you do not file your taxes within three years of the original due date.